While many people come in to consult with me because they prefer in advance to have a local attorney, there are others who think the best attorneys must be in the larger cities. Through many conversations with people over the years, I have learned that some people have a mindset that to get the best, most aggressive representation after a car accident or injury from a dangerous product, that they must go to one of those “big Tampa firms.” This includes people injured in a car accident right here in Pasco County! I meet with several injured car accident victims a year that hired a “mega firm,” and the following is not unusual as to how these conversations go:
CLIENT: I called ______________. I see their commercials all the time, and figured that I needed a big Tampa injury attorney to handle my case.
ME: What seems to be the issue? Why are you displeased with the representation you are receiving?
CLIENT: I never hear back from my attorney. I’ve called many times, but I do not know what is going on. I’ve never even met him (or her).
ME: You’ve never met? Who did you meet with during your initial consultation?
CLIENT: I met with someone, a paralegal I believe, they sent to my house.
ME: You’ve never met or talked with an attorney?
CLIENT: No, I haven’t. You’re the first attorney I’ve actually met.
There are many fine lawyers who work in large firms, so my intent is not to disparage anyone. Rather, I simply want to point out the level of service my firm provides, which is as follows:
1) Being a one attorney law firm means you will always know who your lawyer is at all times.
2) Unlike some mega firms, I do not run what is frequently called a “personal injury mill.” You will not be just be another file to my staff or me.
3) If the insurance company does not offer you fair compensation, I will take them to Court, and I have a record to prove that point. I have litigated a great number of cases, many of which have gone to court hearings and jury trials. I have also litigated product liability cases against Fortune 500 companies.
4) As an attorney who has been lead counsel in litigation resulting in multi-million dollar results for clients, I am a member of both the Million Dollar and Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, and have been recognized as such.
5) You will meet with me personally during your consultation. Furthermore, I encourage clients to come in and meet with me throughout the case. While many updates after the conference can be handled over the phone, there are other times during the case when I think an “in person” update works better.
If you like the idea of having a New Port Richey Attorney that you will get to know, and who provides personal service and aggressive representation, then I would be pleased to meet with you. If your car accident was in Tampa, Clearwater, Palm Harbor, Wesley Chapel, Brooksville, or anywhere else in the Tampa Bay area, then I will come to you (and when I say “I,” that means I will not send a paralegal out to meet with you). I will either come to your house, or meet with you in a conference room at a local court reporter’s office.
By Scott McPherson